New York City DWI Lawyer
The firm's criminal defense lawyers have represented clients who have been charged with misdemeanor and felony DWI charges, including vehiclular homicide charges. Sullivan & Brill, LLP has extensive experience with cases involving breathalyzer tests, check points, sobriety tests and refusals. In addition, Sullivan & Brill, LLP can represent you at any DMV hearing that stems from a DWI arrest and can also assist you in recovering your vehicle if it was seized as a result of the arrest.
Most people who are arrested for drunk driving (DWI), which includes Driving While Intoxicated or Driving While impaired by Alcohol or Drugs, in New York will be shocked to discover that if your breathalyzer reading is over a .08% or if you refuse to take a breath or blood test, your license will be immediately and automatically suspended - even before a trial is held to determine your guilt or innocence. If you possess a commercial driver’s license, different laws and penalties apply to you. Being that your livelihood and career may depend on your driver’s license, it is imperative that you hire an attorney immediately.
After your arrest for drunk driving (DWI), work on your defense must begin right away. You should have an attorney who will begin to fight to get your license back, retrieve all police paperwork in connection with the arrest, investigate the accuracy of the breath or blood tests that may have been administered, prepare evidence to convince a court to grant you a temporary (hardship) license, contact the NYPD to begin proceedings to recover your seized vehicle and, if you refused a breath or blood test, prepare for a “refusal hearing” which will occur 15 days after your arrest.
Sullivan & Brill, LLP has spent over 10 years dealing with thousands of criminal cases in the New York area, many involving drunk driving cases (DWIs). Sullivan & Brill, LLP offers free initial consultations to anyone in Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Nassau County, Suffolk County, or Westchester County who needs or has a loved one needing a tough and experienced New York City DWI attorney. Sullivan & Brill will protect your rights, fight to maintain your drivers license and driving privileges, and question the truthfulness of the police officer’s paperwork, testimony, and chemical tests like the Alco-Sensor and the Breathalyzer.
Contact the Firm
For New York State criminal cases, the attorneys of Sullivan & Brill, LLP help clients throughout New York City (NYC - Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island), Nassau County, Suffolk County, and Westchester County, as well as the other NY counties. For federal cases, the firm's lawyers assist clients throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
In addition to it's New York office, the firm also has an office in San Juan, Puerto Rico staffed by an experienced federal criminal defense attorney.
115 Broadway, 17th Floor
New York, NY 10006
236 Domenech Avenue
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00918
Recent Developments at Sullivan & Brill
- Some Good Options for Clients Charged with Drug Crimes in Federal Court
- Read here to read about new developments on Bail in New York Criminal Defense Matters
- Click Here to read Steven Brill's Recent Interview on Hate Crimes
- Steven Brill Successfully Argued that Client Charged with Running over a 1 Million Dollar Ponzi Scheme be Sentenced to Less Time
- A Federal Investigation finds that 5 Jailed in 1995 Killing of New York City Cab Driver are Innocent
- Sullivan & Brill Retained to Represent Client Arrested and Charged with Possession with Intent to Sell Cocaine in Queens County
- Sullivan & Brill's Client Charged with RICO Conspiracy in Newburgh Latin Kings Indictment Found Not Guilty of ALL Conspiracy Charges
- Sullivan & Brill Retained to Represent Woman Charged with the Federal Crimes of Money Laundering and Conspiracy to Produce False Identification
- Sullivan & Brill attorney,Steven Brill, was Interviewed for Article in Lawyers.com. on the Stop and Frisk Policy in New York City. Click this Link to See what he Had to Say
- Sullivan & Brill's Client who was Charged with Federal Drug Conspiracy in the SDNY was Recently Sentenced to a Term Below the Sentencing Guideline Level