February 6, 2012: NYPD Officer Dies After Being Shot in Face
Peter Figoski, a veteran officer of the NYPD was shot at close range and killed with an illegal semi automatic weapon. The officer was responding as backup to a robbery in progress at a basement apartment in East New York. The first two responding officers who arrived on the scene found the robbery victim lying on the ground with a head injury and did not know the suspects were still in the building. As they walked past, the crouching suspects fled to the front door where officer Figoski was waiting as backup at the bottom of the stairs.
Figoski’s partner, Glen Estrada was on the street level struggling with the second suspect when he heard a gunshot and saw the gun man run past him. Estrada pursued the man on foot and captured him after a chase lasting several blocks. The second suspect is still at large. Authorities say that the gunman has five unsealed prior arrests, including drug possession and sale. A semi automatic pistol was recovered near the scene under a parked car along with a black ski mask.
If you have been charged with a crime, you should immediately seek advice from a criminal defense lawyer that is experienced in handling homicide cases. For a free consultation with such an attorney, complete the form to the left or call 212-566-1000. Based in New York City, Sullivan & Brill, LLP represents clients throughout the United States, as well as in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island, Nassau County, Suffolk County, Westchester County and other upstate New York counties.
115 Broadway, 17th Floor
New York, NY 10006
236 Domenech Avenue
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00918
Recent Developments at Sullivan & Brill
- Some Good Options for Clients Charged with Drug Crimes in Federal Court
- Read here to read about new developments on Bail in New York Criminal Defense Matters
- Click Here to read Steven Brill's Recent Interview on Hate Crimes
- Steven Brill Successfully Argued that Client Charged with Running over a 1 Million Dollar Ponzi Scheme be Sentenced to Less Time
- A Federal Investigation finds that 5 Jailed in 1995 Killing of New York City Cab Driver are Innocent
- Sullivan & Brill Retained to Represent Client Arrested and Charged with Possession with Intent to Sell Cocaine in Queens County
- Sullivan & Brill's Client Charged with RICO Conspiracy in Newburgh Latin Kings Indictment Found Not Guilty of ALL Conspiracy Charges
- Sullivan & Brill Retained to Represent Woman Charged with the Federal Crimes of Money Laundering and Conspiracy to Produce False Identification
- Sullivan & Brill attorney,Steven Brill, was Interviewed for Article in Lawyers.com. on the Stop and Frisk Policy in New York City. Click this Link to See what he Had to Say
- Sullivan & Brill's Client who was Charged with Federal Drug Conspiracy in the SDNY was Recently Sentenced to a Term Below the Sentencing Guideline Level